Summer is over. School is back in session. The days are getting shorter. DoctorsCare Has some tips to make sure you take care of your family’s mental health.
Are you getting enough sleep?
- Lack of sleep can cause mental deterioration.
- Sleep is essential for our brains to work properly.
- Your family needs a set bedtime and a set wake-up routine.
- Sleep deprivation causes grouchiness.
- Physical contact increases the amount of oxytocin and dopamine in our brains.
- These two hormones keep our biological rhythms functioning properly.
- A sense of belonging is one of the most significant contributing factors to improving mental health.
- Hug your family members often to let them know they belong.
- Being outdoors engages your various senses:
- Being outdoors with family and friends can improve your mental health.
- Getting out of the house allows you to escape cell phones and computers.
Keep your body moving
- The benefits of exercise go beyond physical improvements.
- Studies have shown that exercise can promote psychological well-being.
Eating and hydration
- Water and food are excellent fuels for the body and brain.
- Choose nutritious foods!
- Our brains rely on a steady stream of nutrients.
- No skipping meals or overeating.
Have dinner as a family
- Enjoy the routine of eating a meal all together.
- Sitting down at the table gives family members a chance to bond.
Improving mental health is a family affair. Enjoy the daily routines through the changing seasons of life.
At DoctorsCare, our providers are specifically trained in Urgent Care and Emergency Medicine. Visit one of our two conveniently located offices in Clarksville. We accept walk-in patients of all ages during all hours of operation. No appointment is necessary! Walk in, feel better!