Seasonal changes bring on seasonal health risks. DoctorsCare Has some tips to make sure you take care of your family’s health.
Are you getting a flu shot?
- Fall starts the flu season.
- Doctors recommend everyone from 6 months, and older get a flu shot.
- While getting a flu shot, consider getting your COVID-19 booster if you haven’t already.
- Keep up with the latest CDC guidelines for COVID tracking.
Boost your immune system:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Wash your hands often.
- Teach your kids the five hand washing steps:
- And make sure they do this after using the bathroom and before eating
- Eat nutritious foods like:
- Whole grains
- Nuts and seeds
- Lean protein
Better sleep = better health
- Try to get at least 7 hours of sleep per night.
- Be consistent. Try to go to bed at the same time each night.
- Make sure your bedroom is quiet, dark, and relaxing.
- Remove screens, such as TVs, computers, and phones, from the bedroom.
- Avoid large meals, caffeine, and alcohol before bedtime.
Choose your drinks wisely
- Substitute water for sugary or alcoholic drinks.
Exercising is great for your health!
- Adults need at least 150 minutes of aerobic activity every week.
- Plus, muscle-strengthening activities at least 2 days a week.
- You can quit today! Get support here.
For stress relief
- Take deep breaths
- Do any activity you enjoy
- Talk with people you trust about your feelings and express gratitude.
Don’t forget your oral health!
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Visit your dentist for regular checkups.
If you or someone in your family is not feeling well, bring them to one of our DoctorsCare facilities. At DoctorsCare, our providers are specifically trained in Urgent Care and Emergency Medicine. Visit one of our two conveniently located offices in Clarksville. We accept walk-in patients of all ages during all hours of operation. No appointment is necessary! Walk in, feel better!