There are many healthy habits we can pick up that keep our bodies healthy and the earth as well. DoctorsCare has some tips for not only a better you but also a better earth
It’s important to take care of our bodies. There are many everyday tasks that you can pick up to live a healthier life and maintain a healthy planet.
Bike to work or school
- Biking instead of driving can lower carbon emissions while giving you a nice workout.
- Bikes do not use fuel, and it takes way less energy to make a bike than a car.
Spend more time outside
- Spending more time outdoors can reduce the number of lights on at your house.
- Being outside, whether you’re going for a walk, hike, run, or just simply enjoying the outdoors, is great for your mind, muscles, heart, and more.
- You’re saving energy inside if you’re outside, as long as you continue to shut lights or unplug devices while you’re not using them.
Buy organic or grow your food
- Utilizing sustainable and safer food sources is healthier for you to consume and a great way to help the earth.
- Buying organic means, you are buying food grown without harmful chemicals and pesticides.
- Chemicals and pesticides are dangerous to your health and the soil, water, and air.
- Planting your garden is another great way to not only save money but contribute to saving the earth.
Use green cleaners
- Many of the chemicals found in cleaning supplies can be harmful to our bodies and the environment.
- While they work when it comes to killing germs, they’re not good for our health.
- Save money and use alternative cleaning solutions using essential oils mixed with materials such as baking soda, white vinegar, water, natural dish soap, or vodka.
- DIY recipes can be found here.
At DoctorsCare, our providers are specifically trained in Urgent Care and Emergency Medicine. Visit one of our two conveniently located offices in Clarksville. We accept walk-in patients of all ages during all hours of operation. No appointment is necessary! Walk in, feel better!