Spring is finally here! DoctorsCare has some tips to help you clean up your health to stay healthy this season
Spring brings warmer temps and more sunlight, which usually causes people to have a little ‘spring’ in their step. Spring is an excellent time to reevaluate your habits and pay more attention to your health since you’re likely feeling better and more energized. Here are some tips to start!
- Getting enough physical activity is important. Go for a walk around the block every night, or take advantage of one of the many parks and trails in Clarksville.
- Soak up the sun! Sunlight helps your body produce vitamin D, which is great for bone health and other functions.
- Sleep schedules tend to get off track when the days are dark and cold.
- Clean up your pre-sleep routine.
- Avoid caffeine in the afternoon.
- Don’t exercise too close to bedtime.
- Avoid scrolling on your phone at least an hour before you try to fall asleep.
- Wake up at the same time every morning. Your body will start to adapt to the routine, making it easier to stick to.
Eat Well & Stay Hydrated
- Farmer’s markets start to pop up once the weather gets nicer, so consider purchasing your fruits and vegetables from these local vendors or if you do go to the store, look for organic produce when possible.
- Be aware of indulging in too much processed food at barbeques or outdoor events and reach for healthier options such as vegetables or leaner meat and poultry options.
- Drink plenty of water! While it’s recommended you drink plenty of water every day, you should especially focus on your water intake during the warmer months as your body can lose more moisture through sweating, even if you don’t feel sweaty.
- Drinking enough water may also help you avoid overeating.
Most of all, enjoy the warmer weather! At DoctorsCare, our providers are specifically trained in Urgent Care and Emergency Medicine. Visit one of our two conveniently located offices in Clarksville. We accept walk-in patients of all ages during all hours of operation. No appointment is necessary! Walk-in, feel better!